In episode 1 of Making it in The Market, Stephanie Quayle Couch and David Couch make their favorite dish featuring 100% grass-fed, grass-finished tenderloin steaks from Summerfield Farms with organic Brussels sprouts.
ABOUT SUMMERFIELD FARMS
Summerfield Farms is a working farm and events venue with a focus on crafting memorable events, raising 100% grass-fed & grass-finished beef, growing certified organic produce, and encouraging our community to cultivate and enjoy a healthy lifestyle.
ABOUT STEPHANIE & DAVID
As proprietors of Summerfield Farms, Stephanie and David’s common interest in and commitment to food health, building community and making beautiful memories is the driving principle in the evolution of Summerfield Farms. Stephanie and David have built a place where all are welcome to come, enjoy and make memories while nourishing the body, mind and spirit.
- two 4-8 oz. Summerfield Farms 100% grass-fed, grass-finished tenderloins (can sub with any choice of steaks)
- 1/2 lb. organic Brussels sprouts
- 1 tsp. ghee
- sea salt
- 1/4 cup crushed pistachios
- 1 tsp. coconut amino acids
- two skillets with lids
- cutting board
- bring meat to room temperature
- season with mixed sea salt & pepper on all sides – top, bottom and edges
- melt light coating of ghee in skillet on high then add steaks, cover with lid
- cook each side 1.5 to 3 minutes depending on thickness of steak
- plate & enjoy with Brussels sprouts
- shred Brussels sprouts with knife on a cutting board, then place in skillet
- add 1 tsp. of ghee to center and allow ghee to melt into Brussels sprouts then stir
- add 1 tsp. of coconut amino acids, then stir
- fold sea salt into Brussels sprouts, ghee and coconut amino mix
- keep on heat until soft (but not mushy!)
- add to plate with steaks, then garnish with crushed pistachios
Stephanie & David have written the recipe for their favorite dish complete with the ingredient, tools and methods they use. Enjoy!
The Making it in The Market bundle features the ingredients you need to make this delicious dish. Just add fresh steaks and Brussels sprouts!
Watch Stephanie and David make their favorite dish together in The Market, as captured by Summerfield videographers, Point 200.